Tuesday, August 19, 2008

designs of definition...

I gotta say, I really appreciate my creative palate. Not to mention I back the fuck out of my own personal taste as well. Since I got home from all the insanity this summer I have been attending alot of music events. Some hardcore, and some NOT hardcore at all. I've been creating alot of intresting pieces since I finally touched base back into my own studio. Alot of what I have been charting out has really been completely stormed out from many belted up emotions from the past 5 months that have a thicker mix than your fiercest vegan pastry batter! The moods range from quiet, to mellow, laid back, to just flat out pissed off. The bpm's vary from shade lounging , then to a subway car speed! And not only is mooding and dynamics the main priorities of sketching my ideas, but I have been putting my mind to have my drumkit actually sing. I listen back to what I lay out on just an old tascam tape recorder, and I feel like my drums patterns are delivering a vocal range throughout every measure I stir up. It definatly just slams me to the floor and wakes me up in amazement on what can come out of my capabilites. The rewarding feeling of making something so beautiful to the ear has never staled to me! You can lint on me all you want for sticking to a tascam cassette tracker, but honestly if you can make it sound fresh on that, then just imagine how your work is gonna be kicking come studio time! I can only hope these ideas will have a chance to become a reality on record very soon, or if they will ever at this point. I just don't know. I really wish I knew what was going to happen after September 20th. I'am frightened. Til then I'm just gonna keep doing my thing, while I figure out a way that I can take my friends out on the tour, as well as my favorite NYC vegan dishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My bday is after Sept 20th. That's what's up.