Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This Very Moment....



Hot snap, it has been lightyears since I've updated this deal! Please excuse the neglect since I do not have my own laptop in possession on tour. Not to mention, this Twitter phenomina has swept me into an addiction of 160 letters summing up my every day nonsense. So anyways, Whats up everyone. I'am sitting in El Paso Texas right now, after a very fresh show we played at a venue called "Chics". I honestly have been missing out on what El Paso brings to the table the past few years. Tonight was legit. Met alot of very sincere and passionate individuals that really pour all of their passion towards the bands. And it is never taken lightly on my part. Every night when I'am up on stage ( or a floor, skate ramp, etc) sided by 4 amazing friends, it feels as fresh as the first time I ever heard the song "Monday, Monday, Monday." And since you all know me to well with the history from that song, then you know that it is the best feeling in the universe to be playing for Energy every single night.

We have been very lucky to be accompanied by our labelmates Defeater on this U.S tour. You can not ask for a better cluster of great people to spend every day with. Great personalities, outstanding musicians, onpoint sense of humor, and just all around incredible kids. I love watching them every single night, and have learned so much from them. Andy is one of my favorite current drummers. He is a serious player that is well rounded in all departments, and I'am so honored to recieve advice from him that is so beneficial towards my agenda. I already feel 110 times better with his tips towards better stretching techniques, targeted power areas in your body, and just being more aware of your stage presence. I look foward to even more results in myself as the second half of the tour starts in California. I love touring with like minded players. I guarentee a whole new me will be exposed by summer touring. Believe me, I need it.

The shows for the most part have been quite consistant. Long Island,Jersey,W.VA, South Carolina, Tampa, and tonight have been my personal favorites so far. South Carolina delivered my first actual Energy moment on the Debaser/Beartrap tour with the insane events that took place as we sweat out our last 3 meals in 25 minutes. This time around was no different. We played a storage facility crammed with javinated kids falling into my kit yet again! I finally found use for the South thanks to the Charleston area.

As good as the tour has been, I have had some emotional moments that kind of tripped up my sprits socially. It has to do with real life things I lack back home,
and it can keep me quiet in the van or during post show hang outs. I dunno, I won't get too in depth with it since I feel embarrassed about having some doubt in certain traits, but luckily its a temporary cloud over my head. As much as I have solidified my activities musically for the next bundle of years, there is just an environment I want to build for myself when I have downtime from touring. Financially my ass has been getting kicked so hard and it bothers me since I yearn for that relief of money making dependence so I don't feel like a scumbag. Relationships are utterly impossible either due to my travel schedule or cause I mostly feel like a novelty to most girls because i'am " in a band". That just depresses me so much since it's not the reason I would want a girl to be intrested in me, but it happens every single time and it is terrible. I also do not get to see my best friends as often as I like, and I fear that one day they might forget about me since I'am always gone, and that scares that rukus out of me because next to music, my sect of friends is the only thing left that keeps me grounded. So once again, I suppose I'am human spitting this all out.

But once again, that static only ruins my mood every other day or so for a brief second, and by no means taints my shade on what I'am doing. If anything, I do not want to go home, it will destroy me in so many ways. Yet, I want to see alot of my friends. Jeez, I guess that makes me a walking contradiction. Speaking of, we have been making the best mix cds for the van on this tour. I mean comon, you cannot deny Green Day, Common Rider, Big Rig, Last Wave Rockers, Smashing Pumpkins, Dead Kennedys, Set Your Goals, AFI, and so many other jams that make an 8hr drive feel like 15 minutes. I know alot of you might have "outgrown" some of those bands, but that is your loss. And of course, nothing can get me down when the sun is shining down over my ridiculous sunglasses as I lounge out to Tegan And Sara. And that is where I will leave off with this blog since it is such a high note to end on. But everything is perfect! 11 kids just living it up every night, playing so on point, and making fresh moments. Talk to you all soon. Peace and Jav!


-xCFk

1 comment:

Morgan Hope said...

Hey, i followed you here from twitter . I'm adding you on my blog list.