Thursday, December 18, 2008

at a glance...

I was in Europe for 20 days playing sweaty shows in Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Poland, and the Netherlands. Big thanks to Slapshot for making everyone feel equal, and also to All For Nothing for being the kindest people on the road! I think its safe to say that it was more than an honor to help out on drum duties for Staughton Ma's "Energy"! Catchy melodies, early Epitaph tempos, and all accomponied by the sweetest people ever! Definatly love this band. I really felt welcome and at home on this tour. I want to leave more of a story for you, but I'm in an iffy mood right now since I was made a sour ultamatum upon my return home. It's amazing how the slightest things can change in your life in just a matter of 20 days. Sometimes I think I'am just better off on tour, and not even thinking about stopping back home. But , I don't wanna soil the parade, so I will leave you with a brief list off of the expeireince.



>< Alpro soy and vegan products are a jav send! Mix the caramel pudding with the double chocolate (just in moderation, no one digs a glutton)


>< Joe is quite possibly the most hysterical and talented person I have ever met. I hope he continues to grow his hair.


>< Tank is one of the best people ever. I was so enthused to be able to relate with someone so easy on many key levels. It was awesome staying awake til 6am at nights just talking about life, the need to revive good music, and what really matters most. One of my favorite Vegan Edgeman by far.

>< Dan should be a groundbreaking motivantional representative. Most positive and nicest person ever who will talk to you about anything. He also has the will to maintain his fresh guitar playing under the presence of bad oders on stage.

>< Conor will back up and drive any piece of transportation devices. I swear, he could break guiness records for trailer hauling and big rigging!

><>
>< Soccer Hooligan hardcore kids love slapshot. Broken bottles apparently mean that they love you.
>< Balsac Coffee is an actual establishment in Berlin

>< Vegan Rittersports, waffers, and jumbo ass pretzels will make up for any clueless caterers that do not know what veganism is.

>< The Netherlands is fresh. Very classy girls at the right moment in those small village type cities.

>< You know your bus driver is mental when he drives into the side of a building, leaves a dent, and holds up Frankfurt traffic for 10 minutes.

>< Some Euro's don't want melody in their music

>< If your gonna be a tour manager, then you better manage!

>< Slapshot wrote a song about "chocmel" and it sounds like Minor Threats "Straight Edge".

>< Heavy Metal Disco parties are huge in Italy post hardcore show. Imagine shaking your booty to Sepultura, Earth Crisis, and Slayer.

>< I hate lofts. Not knowing what time it is really freaks me out. I hate waking up at 4pm ( even though thats still early in U.S. time)

>< Not spending a single dime of my own the whole time was very curtious to my wallet. Although I lost some more weight and went to 147 lbs after this venture.
>< Coffee machines with espresso options on the bus was a dream come true. Then the fupa took it away when his shift was up.

>< Oh yeah, the term fupa!

>< Aimless walks in city to city every night with 3 amazing people made me feel more at home then the " let the stress begin" doormat in my kitchen.

><>

Anyways, that was most of it. You will get more context of my stories if you talk to me in person. It seriously was a good time, and wish it was still happening. Anyways, hope you all have a relaxing Holiday.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Energy is a awesome band, they will get there.
Keep the spirit high and just rock on, there is more in store for you!